Hi Five - Claim your £5 free call credit

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Friday 11 January 2013

I invested big time to get where I am now. You?

I wanted to share something with you that I've been mulling over for a couple of days.

I wanted to understand why it is that things have moved forward for me. Recently I ended up multiplying my salary 4 fold. I am an entrepreneur by nature and this blog post summarises my recent thoughts.

I remember back to one of my first "jobs". I'd moved from a temp contract where I was a teacher at a secondary school and moved to London to start as an IT trainer. The "salary" was about £900 a month and my outgoings were £1100 a month. So after a couple of months and one credit card later I decided to step things up.

Every night I studied. Yes, every night. I learned about a new software so that I could take on more training courses. Within 9 months I had repeated this process of taking on new courses 30 times and had "become" the top trainer in the organisation.

I say "become" in quotes because what I really mean is that I "was" the top trainer. I had the most courses, best results and highest income. I had become the top trainer, not just by wanting but by doing.

I sacrificed 9 months of evenings and I was enjoying the results.



Eric Worre recently talked about DMO - Daily Mode of Operation. The things that you do every day and help your team to do every day which result in further success by helping them become what they want to be through activity. Here's the video..



The next time I had to move forward was when I had maxed out on the amount I could earn with that training role. I spent a whole month studying in the evenings so that I could get the accreditation and certificates. Within a couple of months, a friend recommended me to a large organisation and then I started my own company and became a consultant.

Fast forward to last year - I'd already discovered the power of building a team and how helping others could increase the amount of income that could be achieved. Building a team of 100 people in 2012 and looking to build a bigger one I needed more resources. Here's where the big investment came in..

Substitute the word investment for risk or outgoings or expenditure in the following. Investment = most positive Expenditure = most negative

In 2012 I invested massively in my future. I invested my time in learning new skills and doing new activities each day. I gave up my previous income to dedicate my energies into becoming a person with a higher income and a better team leader. I invested time in my team and people appeared who are going to be leaders in 2013.

So, here's what I invested in 2012
3 solid months of my time in myself and my team
3 solid months of my income

Here's what I will be investing in 2013
Daily Activities - time invested in my business opportunity, team and learning new skills.
Listening to Audio Books on self improvement and motivation (mainly from the comfort of my car on the way to appointments.)
Attending Meetings including our massive European March convention in Lisbon.

Investing in yourself and your team is essential. According to one of my mentors, Randy Schroeder, you should act in a way that fits with your income, available funds, available time, level of ambition and willingness to work. No regrets come from focused effort.

If you would like to focus your efforts, to the benefit of you and your family, join with us in building a better future for all.

Complete the form by clicking the red button on the right or visiting http://invite4you.com/lazy

Mark Hopgood
07767 875 550 (UK)
904 638 9046 (US)
mark@hopgood.eu


No comments: